Popular Posts

Introduction: My first blog and why I made it

Hi, I'm Denise, at this moment of writing (2014), 19 years of age. I've been writing officially (I call it official since I became part of the school publication) since I was in 6th grade.


This is my "first" blog. First being in double quotation marks because even before this, I had done one, but I don't think it was ever really published, more like a blog only for my eyes. I don't even know what happened to it. Anyway, here in this blog I will be posting all my poems, quotations, short stories, maybe even my novelettes, anything that floats my boat. I will also include my letterings, maybe some sketches or stuff. Everything related to the pen that I can think of. :)


I started this blog, as suggested by my friends because they knew that I love to write. Well, I considered it, and thought it might be a good idea. Since I wanted to keep a close copy of all my works. I even wrote them in a small notebook that I usually bring with me, but still, having a copy on the worldwide web would be good too. I also think that it would be nice to share my works with other people. I write to express my feelings, and I think that there would be people out there who could relate to the things I write about, maybe even help them or provide some insight. I know that at the moment, most topics seem to be about love, unrequited at that, but I will endeavor to post other writings about different topics. I will work to post all my works from the past up to my present ones, and hopefully, those of you reading will find some that you could connect to. Hope you all enjoy the things in this blog. Thanks for reading! :)

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Silent Martyr

All this feelings I have for you,
I keep them all inside.
I have no intention at all, to ever let you know of them,
Because I know it will make no difference.

Unrequited, that is what my feelings are.
Nothing more, and nothing less.
But I do not hold that in grudge against you,
And not even to the one who holds your heart.

Rather I will not utter one word of it,
Even when the time comes
That my heart will fall and shatter like before.
Like it did for all the other men....

I tell myself, I'm used to it.
Used to my feelings unreturned.
But who am I trying to fool?
Other people might believe it, but not me, not my heart.

And thus is why I keep this all to myself.
Much has happened to me already.
My silence will not be in vain,
Atleast, this is how I console myself.

I am so pathetic, ain't I?
Ruled too much by my own emotions,
They say these could be one's strength,
But why does it seem otherwise for me?...

Perhaps, someday, there will come a time to tell you.
But not now, and I sincerely hope it won't be soon.
Because I see it as irrelevant,
To risk such friendship by such unnecessary episodes.

So my lips will be sealed til that day.
I am in content to just be your friend who cares more than you'll ever know.
I guess, such is the fate of a person
Who is one with Loneliness, itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment