Popular Posts

Introduction: My first blog and why I made it

Hi, I'm Denise, at this moment of writing (2014), 19 years of age. I've been writing officially (I call it official since I became part of the school publication) since I was in 6th grade.


This is my "first" blog. First being in double quotation marks because even before this, I had done one, but I don't think it was ever really published, more like a blog only for my eyes. I don't even know what happened to it. Anyway, here in this blog I will be posting all my poems, quotations, short stories, maybe even my novelettes, anything that floats my boat. I will also include my letterings, maybe some sketches or stuff. Everything related to the pen that I can think of. :)


I started this blog, as suggested by my friends because they knew that I love to write. Well, I considered it, and thought it might be a good idea. Since I wanted to keep a close copy of all my works. I even wrote them in a small notebook that I usually bring with me, but still, having a copy on the worldwide web would be good too. I also think that it would be nice to share my works with other people. I write to express my feelings, and I think that there would be people out there who could relate to the things I write about, maybe even help them or provide some insight. I know that at the moment, most topics seem to be about love, unrequited at that, but I will endeavor to post other writings about different topics. I will work to post all my works from the past up to my present ones, and hopefully, those of you reading will find some that you could connect to. Hope you all enjoy the things in this blog. Thanks for reading! :)

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Atleast You Tried

You've been preparing yourself for that day,
you've rehearsed in your mind, over and over, what you gotta say.
You feel yourself backing out, afraid of what might happen,
but you think to yourself, if not now then when?

So you trudge forward hesitantly, fearful and nervous,
but this you do not show, though your emotions try to break loose.
You get it over with finally, once and for all,
and that was what started your whole downfall.

The words poured out, you've said all that has to be said.
Now your only fear is to hear the words you truly dread.
But they did not speak, they did not have anything to say to you.
So now you feel down after doing what you had to do.

Yet that is not what you should really feel.
Be glad, be proud, because your emotions are real.
You were brave enough to do what you fear.
Do not belittle yourself for what you did is not mere.

In this current world, you won't always get what you deserve,
so don't be surprised if your life takes you to a curve.
Don't be too down because you didn't get what you wish for,
there are many more plans for you, you just need to open the door.

Maybe it's just not for you now or maybe it's not for you ever,
but atleast this you know now, you won't be tormented forever.
Atleast you tried, atleast you know what this path has in store.
You gained success in a different way than what you had hoped for.

No comments:

Post a Comment